Vehicle Purchase Protection
- Vehicle Purchase Protection is only offered on transactions that are completed on eBay.
- eBay discourages the use of offline transactions, including payments made via Moneygram, Western Union or gift cards. These types of payments are often associated with fraudulent transactions.
- Vehicle Purchase Protection does not cover any damage on vehicles 10 years old or older (10-year threshold is based on model year).
- Vehicle Purchase Protection does not cover any damage on a vehicle listed with anything but a “clear” title.
- For items purchased on or after September 1, 2016, your eligible vehicle purchase is protected for up to $100,000 or the purchase price paid, whichever is lower. For items purchased prior to September 1, 2016, your eligible vehicle purchase is protected for up to $50,000 or the vehicle purchase price, whichever is lower.
- See additional exclusions to the coverage of Vehicle Purchase Protection below.