As the Miami Valley works to find new ways to celebrate special occasions during the coronavirus pandemic, Greene County Public Health released guidelines on how people can come together while keeping a safe distance.
Many are turning to vehicle parades to show their support and love for family, friends and even essential workers on the front lines of the pandemic.
>> Coronavirus: Complete Coverage
Public Health Dayton-Montgomery County recently announced guidelines on how to safely organize a vehicle parade. Greene County Public Health is also following those recommendations.
Anyone who chooses to participate in a vehicle parade should do the following:
- No one who feels sick should participate.
- All participants’ temperature should be taken before they leave home.
- One person or household per vehicle.
- If meeting before the parade, all vehicles and people must remain 6 feet apart.
- Participants must say in their vehicles at all times.